Quantum groups and conformal field theory
- Winter semester 2000/2001
- Time: Tue 2:00 pm
- Room: 251
- Planning session: Thursday, October 18, 3:15 pm, Room 251
- Contents: The aim of the seminar is to explain the connections between the theory of quantum groups, modular categories, and conformal field theory. We want to show how deformed enveloping algebras of semisimple Lie algebras as well as the Wess-Zumino-Witten model from conformal field theory lead to the notion of a modular category and a modular functor. The general principles will be explained by simple examples.
The seminar is based on the books of B. Bakalov und A. Kirillov on the one hand and the book of V. G. Turaev on the other hand. A good command of mathematics is required for participation.
- Seminar program
- Internet references:
- B. Bakalov/A. Kirillov Jr.: Lectures on tensor categories and modular functor, Preprint, 2000
- B. Bakalov/A. Kirillov Jr.: On the Lego-Teichmüller game, Preprint, mathGT/9809057, to appear in Transf. Groups
- T. Kerler: Mapping class group actions on quantum doubles, Commun. Math. Phys. 168 (1994), 353-388, hep-th/9402017